Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Work In Progress

***This one is a work in progress. I found a site that gives you writing prompts and I am working on this one.***

The hallway was silent and dark, the only light coming from my cell phone in a failed attempt to light my path. I feel as though I am blind from the lack of light, how long was I subjected to the darkness around. Whispers through the walls cause my heart to race. A foul stench rapes my senses as tears well up in my eyes. Do I stay in the sanctuary of my room, or do I venture out into the hallway to find the source of the voices and eventually a way out? Is there even a way out of this…dungeon? As I reach for the walls to balance my fragile body, they feel cold and damp. Something slithers across my hand and I struggle from screaming. I cannot tell where the hallway ends or turns, all I see is blackness, nothingness.

On the outside I am quiet, but my soul is screaming. The scar run deep, bleeding underneath the strong skin above.

No comments:

Post a Comment